Monday, December 3, 2007

a little bit of pressure.

...can be very helpful. I am usually not one to work well under pressure - I like to plan, and think, and try different things and something about "pressure" precludes that. But Holly had her baby today, so I had to complete the letter (fabulous idea from Alice to make an album of all the letters to the expectant mom and dad!) now! And I am loving the results (thank goodness I have "good stash", too!)

The first part of the journaling reads "So many things change when you become a mom...your sleep, your priorities, your free time! Your friends understand that. And the good ones support you - with advice (only when asked!), an ear to listen, encouragement and understanding, sharing the bad times and celebrating the good...the same way they did before you became a mom...good friends might be the only thing that doesn't change!"

I'm really excited about having a baby next door. Holly's going to be a wonderful mom and I'm looking forward to getting to know baby Brooke.

...now must get knitting - booties promised, too.

1 comment:

  1. A very cool idea, there's nothing like a deadline to get you moving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!