And while I think most of my memories of this weekend will center around all the finishing*
I also want to remember what else happened along the way:
- Finished two excellent books - Screwtape Letters and Redefining Realness.
- Watched Concussion (so good!), the first two episodes of Ballers Season 2 (entertaining) and Suffragette (one of the darkest - literally - movies I've seen in a while. I'm still not sure it has a happy ending). Marc also watched a lot of golf :-)
- Enjoyed a long FaceTime with Diane (two rows of 392 stitches) and then met up with friends at Starbucks (two more rows).
- Perfected my Peach Fuzz Buzz recipe (no finishing progress :-)
- Two runs, two walks, including one with Katie ... reminiscent of two summers ago when we walked in the park a few times a week (no finishing here either).
...and of course, I dreamed about what I'd knit next. Now I'm off to wind yarn!
Do you also daydream about your next project while you're
slogging through finishing up the last one? I hope you had a delightful weekend!
*notes to self for the next time I think three days must be "plenty of time"! I finished the sleeve on Friday afternoon, picked up the neckband stitches on Saturday morning and spent the rest of Saturday knitting that ribbing. Sunday morning dark early, I bound off. Then came the two pockets, which went pretty quick. But seaming them to the sweater (keeping the edges straight and making sure they lined up "just right") took a few hours. Then I wove in the ends, gave it a decent soak and laid it out to dry. It was just damp when I got up this morning and ready for the last bit early this afternoon.