Yep, I've got nothing today but a little extra time and a cute photo of my dog.
I left my comfy perch at the kitchen counter for just a minute and when I came back, Holly wasn't in her bed. I looked in the normal places like the rug by the front door, or under my desk, or in the living room, but no Holly. ...and then there she is
tucked into a space that only she could fit into. I knelt down and asked her to smile. Forward ears and bright eyes is her way of smiling, I think.
I'm now back at the counter and she's now back in her bed. All is again right in our little world.
Here are some other random thoughts for today:
1. My Instagram feed is full of people on fabulous vacations ... nothing like a bit of vicarious beach, ocean, Scottish highlands, delicious food and fun cocktails.
2. Marc emailed me a recipe for sweet potato bagels. I proceeded to Amazon and ordered a spiralizer and a bagel mold. They're arriving tomorrow and I plan to surprise him with sweet potato bagels for dinner.
3. I hope he emailed me the recipe because he thought it looked good.
4. I have nine more rounds of 1x1 ribbing before I bind off the body of my Tide Chart sweater. 1x1 ribbing on 3mm needles is really slow.
5. We are enjoying a most pleasant break from the rain. It was 61 degrees (with 95% humidity - it is Georgia in June) on today's early morning walk.
6. I am completely in awe of Joji's Inspiration for the Starting Point Shawl. I did not join the MKAL - and I'm still not sure I'd want to knit a 5-color shawl with 2,000 yards of fingering weight yarn, but I cannot stop thinking about it. (or pulling up the photos on my phone to show everyone else.)
7. I've been blogging for almost 10-1/2 years. This will be my 2003rd post. I totally meant to celebrate that 2000th post (last Thursday). and to reiterate my thanks to all of you for visiting and being part of it.
8. I am grateful every single day for the wonderful community we've built here.