Thursday, October 28, 2010

instant gratification.

...the kind that comes from realizing a project's completion in mere hours.

otherwise known as the marian cowl, knit in malabrigo rasta. I met this yarn for the first time on monday night and knew I had to knit with it. tuesday morning I did some research to post on the shop blog and found a perfect pattern (sorry, this link only works for ravelry users). I bought the yarn and yesterday, cast on 57 stitches, knit for a bit.
kind of a funny thing, I'd planned this to be a "wordless wednesday" post - but it took me over an hour this morning to figure out how to get the photo off my iphone!
and finished it. I think the total knitting time was around two hours.

yesterday, I figured out my plan for holiday knitting. and realized I wasn't going to have much time over the next eight weeks for spur-of-the-moment projects. unless they only take two hours!

7 comments:

  1. I've seen the Rasta in my LYS and I can't wait to knit with a skein! Although, it'll probably have to wait until after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's why we have LARGE knitting bags so that we can have the right project for the situation (and beverage!) love this yarn & color -will need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Which colorway is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. now, that's my kind of project! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great project! only two hours! that's super. I had to laugh about your downloading pics from iPhone! thx for sharing.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I'm also asking for the colorway name. I discovered the power of a cowl this weekend. Waiting for the free shuttle was CHILLY work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!