|my favorite two ways to use fresh cranberries - cranberry relish and cranberry conserve (recipes blogged here)|
3. warmed cranberry brie (leftover conserve used in place of whole berry sauce) is my standard hors d'oeuvre for the holidays.
4. cranberry oatmeal bread. I made this for bible study last week and it was delicious, especially served with pumpkin cream cheese (I used this recipe, but substituted leftover roasted butternut squash for the pumpkin - highly recommend!)....and an added bonus - there's a second loaf in my freezer!
5. ina's cranberry harvest muffins. it's worth getting the figs, but I substitute pecans or walnuts for the hazlenuts.
6. sugared cranberries. a special treat for the season. as pretty to look at as to eat!
7. in crystal dishes to decorate the mantel.
8. with white votives in a shallow bowl for a pretty centerpiece.
9. strung (with white popcorn?!) and hung on the tree.
10. eaten plain. they're really tart, so I can only eat a couple at a time (and yes, I know this is weird - marc and sara both gave me a hard time about snacking straight from the bowl), but they're crunchy and deliver that wonderful cranberry taste without anything extra.