|see #1 below - marc's welcome home from my most recent trip|
1. 99% of my trips are without marc so coming home means seeing him.
2. sleeping in my own bed.
3. drinking good coffee from my coffee pot. sure, other places have good coffee and sometimes it's even great coffee. but even so, it's never as convenient or reliable as the stuff I brew day in and day out. (I also like getting that little splash of non-fat milk from the carton that sits just so in the right hand door of my refrigerator.)
4. deciding what to wear from my whole wardrobe and not just the small subset of outfits I thought to pack a few days ago.
5. my shower, hair dryer, curling iron, makeup light and mirror(s!!). getting dressed is always better at home!
6. seeing the park. this is especially true in the months where the seasons are changing.
7. not needing google maps all the time to get from where I am to where I'm going. (and if I've been someplace where english isn't the language, it's nice being able to understand without having to translate).
8. seeing my friends.
9. catching up with what I've missed at the shop. thankfully, it's not always like this!
10. remembering how much fun it was to be away ... looking through the photos (once I get them off my camera(s), and processed, and uploaded to flickr) and seeing those vacation smiles.