here are 10 good things I did the past week:
1. voted in my county's primary election, which was today. there was one item about metro atlanta transportation improvements and a new 1% sales tax to support it. marc and I feel strongly about the issue...so we voted. (I'll also say that I felt very uninformed about nearly everything else...need to study up before november!)
2. volunteered at the foster care center.
3. dropped off two bags of men's and women's clothing at north fulton community charities for their thrift store.
4. washed all four loads of clothes, and folded them, and put them away. before marc had to step in.
5. remembered to bring my own bags for all three of the shopping trips I made last week.
6. volunteered with the knitting group at the roswell nursing home.
7. dropped off marc's shirts...and remembered to pick them up when they were ready (the very next day).
8. kept a smile on my face...and in my voice...for every one of the shop's customers (this is harder than it sounds).
9. way overtipped the starbucks team who always gets my "tall bold with a little non-fat milk, a stopper and a napkin" just right.
10. paid the toll for the car behind me.
a few of these are things I do most weeks, but a few are things I don't. but now will make a point of. it feels good to do good.
|click here to join the ten on tuesday fun!|