but I haven't blogged in nearly a week. and I love to play along. so here's how I'd hope to beat the blahs (if I had them :-)
|(see #2 below) from my instagram feed | january 12, 2013|
2. buy flowers. orange tulips especially. instagram them.
3. invite a few friends over. turn up the heat. mix a batch of margaritas. turn on Jimmy Buffet (loud). and dance!
4. browse the gardening catalogs.
5. get a bright manicure and pedicure.
6. look through last summer's photos and make a list of things to do (and not do) this year.
7. put on your pj's, make a batch of popcorn and watch an old movie like Charade or Pillow Talk. Audrey Hepburn and Doris Day are great cures for the blahs!
8. light a fire and have a picnic on the floor in front of it (works best if shared with a special someone).
9. bake these orange spice cookies. they smell (and taste) amazing. guaranteed to make you smile.
10. remind yourself this season shows off your best woolen knits. and wear them.
there. I feel better anyway. and can only hope I haven't jinxed our weather. this kind of smug is bound to get snowed on!
how are beating the blahs this winter?