As usual, I'm welcoming spring with a new blog banner and a new color scheme...and while that usually means flowers and/or blue skies...this year it's rain boots. yep, I'm trying to go more with the flow and hey, they're pink. with lots of tiny flowers. (and they keep my feet dry. and they coordinate with holly's pink collar...which didn't make the crop for the banner but you can see it all below).
|the banner photo...uncropped|
here are the other nine reasons I'm so glad to see you:
2. forsythia, dogwood and azalea blooms. it's still a bit early to capture them, but I know by the time you leave, they'll be everywhere.
3. asparagus. my favorite vegetable. finally abundant and fresh at every store.
4. daylight savings time. I honestly can't believe I'm even writing this one down because I am a dark early bird and losing that hour of sleep on Sunday is going to make me cranky (really cranky), but adding that extra hour of daylight on Monday, when I teach class til 8pm...makes me realize summer is really just around the corner.
5. the Georgia/Publix half marathon (not even bothering to link this one again!). I'm running it for the first time on March 17th. and I'm saying it here now, I plan to make this a fixture on my March calendar going forward.
6. March Madness. I know. I've only half-watched two (?maybe) games this whole season. I still love to fill out my bracket and keep score. maybe this year I'll get lucky and all those teams I randomly choose...will win!
7. spring break. Georgia Tech's spring break is always in March, usually the third week. and I realized as I was putting this list together that I have only two more to go. 2013 and 2014. so that makes me especially happy that Sara emailed she'd like to spend the first part of her break here (to eat and sleep well in preparation for our half-marathon :-) and I'm not going to let myself wonder what I'll do in 2015 when spring break is just a holiday for other people.
8. lighter knitting. I knit for the seasons and warmer temperatures mean lighter weight yarns. I finished my last winter cowl and noticed that my knitting bag is lighter. I now really understand why wool is warm. it's heavy! the mostly silk I'm knitting now is much easier on my shoulders.
9. 31 days. seriously. February seemed super short and I'm so glad you're a full-on 31 days...which brings me to:
10. Ordinary Time. I know you've got Easter this year (on the very last day), but usually you are a month without birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, you name it. nothing. and after five months of celebrating all those things, I'm ready for the Ordinary Time.
Truly, March - I'm glad you're here! and I'm looking forward to the good times we'll share.
xo - M.