...Carole's prompt this week is about coming home from vacation. And I look forward to all the great advice...in three weeks. Because that's when Sara and I will be back from our post-graduation trip to Paris and Florence. Right now, I'm a lot more interested in getting ready; we leave a week from tomorrow. So in keeping with the Ten on Tuesday spirit, here are ten things I've got to do before we leave:
2. Update our phone plans for international texts, and mine for international calls.
3. Get Euros. I placed the order at the bank yesterday and they'll be there to pickup tomorrow.
4. Make copies of our passports and credit cards...just in case.
5. Confirm we are still good for early check-in at our Paris apartment. Our flight lands at 6am local time (hello, jet lag!) and it would be lovely to get settled before we head out to explore the city.
6. Re-read Dan Brown's Inferno. Most of the book is set in Florence and since I've never been there I figured it would be a fun introduction to the sights we'll see.
7. Figure out travel knitting. I'm thinking an easy scarf for the plane and apartment time and socks for when we're out and about.
8. Clean up my iPad so I have room to download photos. This is key if I want to do anything more than share photos on Instagram.
9. Finish the Florence Scarves. The end is definitely in sight...my scarf is about 16" long and the other three are ready to block.
10. Pack. Normally this isn't a big deal for me, but we're not checking any bags. I've really pared down my packing list, but still...I'm not sure it will all fit!
I haven't been to Europe since 2009... welcome any and all suggestions as to what might be missing from my list!