...Carole's prompt this week has us thinking about things we want to try. I'll admit it took me a long time to come up with this list, but the timing is perfect...I've got a free summer for the first time in years, and these are all things I'd like to try soon!
1. cappuccino. at home. I think with a stovetop espresso maker. because let's be honest, that's the only way I'd be able to afford the very expensive "caffe" habit I acquired over the last two weeks.
2. pizza. at home. a whole wheat crust and grilled vegetables.
3. crostini. at home. anchovies and fresh mozzarella.
(please note that I did not include gelato on this list...some things are just better left in Florence!)
4. Alan Bradley's Flavia de Luce mysteries.
5. hot yoga.
6. striped socks, like the ones Carole just finished. I've used handpainted yarns before for socks, but they ended up a pooled mess...think my gauge is off. I'd love to fix that and knit a truly striped pair...even if they end up fraternal twins.
7. a pony tail. yep, growing my hair again. and newly inspired by the latest Brooklyn Tween collection (Wool People 7) to get it into a braid.
8. steeking. this has been on my list since 2013, and honestly, it's going to be hard to do it this summer, but.. it's still on my list!
9. a blue or green pedicure. I just did OPIs Cajun Shrimp yesterday so this might be July...and by then who knows, maybe the cool colors will be different!
10. saying No. because I just said Yes to another church committee...this time to "co-Wedding Coordinator". There are two of us sharing the role, and we're meeting early next month to figure out what it all means... but for sure, this is IT. I've got to say NO the next time I get asked!