Tuesday, May 26, 2015

...and on Tuesday, we played.

...high-fiving and pretty pleased with himself after chugging an entire eight ounces in record time.

And played. I should've known that little smirk-y smile (at about 12:30) meant "I'm not really gonna sleep for the rest of the day!" So we played some more.

And then it stormed. Charlie was delighted - for about five minutes - with the windows and the shutters and the raindrops.

Long-time readers might recall that Holly hates storms; and even newer readers probably know that Charlie and Holly don't exactly play well together. It was a busy afternoon. and of course the rain meant an extra-long commute home for Katie. One silver lining is that Marc had an hour with Charlie when he got home. They had a ball together. I couldn't even complain when the TV came on.

...but all that fun means my weekend post is going to be late. tomorrow. I promise.

7 comments:

  1. Since you've treated us to Charlie photos (love the smirky smile and devilishly cute look!), I can certainly wait for your weekend post. Especially because we've had a preview from Lydia (imagine my surprise when it finally dawned on me that you're sisters-in-law)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, our best-laid schemes, as Robbie Burns put it, 'gang aft a-gley'! Hoping you have recovered from the bits that were fraught - though Charlie seems to be enjoying all that loving attention. Love that smirk :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlie photos make up for everything! You must have had a delightful time watching him watch the storm. He looks so curious and attentive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take a nap and miss all the action?! So glad he's not freaky about storms. Sophie was NOT amused by yesterday's grooming and weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat! That Charlie is so photogenic and I just love his expressions. Thanks for all those smiles. Makes my day!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Mary! He is just a sweetheart! (And I well remember those days of . . . I'm-not-going-to-sleep-and-you-can't-make-me!) (Bet you slept well that night!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my... he is so cute! Junah loves to go in and out the back door, up and down the steps, on and off the pergola deck... rinse & repeat! It really crimps his style when it's raining out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!