Thursday, July 30, 2015

Throwback Thursday | A Garden.

Steve & I - in Grandma's garden - Santa Rosa, California - July, 1966
Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.  - Marcel Proust
When I read those words, I immediately thought of this photo. But in my memory, it was my grandparents standing with me amidst the flowers. I was charmed when I pulled out the photo this morning to see my brother there with me instead. Regardless, the message I had - and the one I wanted to share - was about family. ...and about what a beautiful garden my grandma had. It's pretty clear where my mom's green thumb comes from!

7 comments:

  1. That is a sweet photo and a really lovely quote. My grandmother had a lovely garden (flowers and vegetables) in the middle of a small city, and I think of her often in the summer when I'm preparing our garden produce. She truly was a charming gardener who made my soul blossom, in many ways. Thank you for these words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photo! Both of my grandmothers had lovely, old fashioned gardens and I loved playing in them...making daisy chains and hollyhock girls. The photos I have are in b&w and don't show the gardens very well, but I have those good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh-how cute! Love that the color is still so vivid. That was taken a long time ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the perfect photo to illustrated the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet photo and story ... And how could you NOT grow up to be so lovely, with all that beauty and creativity in flowers and people around you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sweet! And what a beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandma's "best-est" flowers in her garden: you and Steve! Love this photo of you and him. When I first saw it, he reminded me a bit of Charlie! Isn't it fun to look back?
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!