...tips and topics. I suggested this week's list, hoping to learn from y'all. Because Sunday marks my third attempt at NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month for the not-so-crazy people who might be reading this and not realize that there a lot of people who try to post on their blogs every single day in November). My first attempt was in 2011 - I had a long string of days and then B-A-M, November 29...and nothing. I did manage a November 30 post, but after missing the 29th, well.... Last year, I tried again, but got a late start (as in I didn't realize the "thing" was still a thing until I caught up on my feed reader Monday and realized I'd already missed two days.) I managed 28 more posts, though. So this year, I think, will be the year I manage to start and finish and cover all those days in between. with a lot of support from y'all! so huge thanks to Carole for hosting this week's list!
I'm pretty sure one of the tips will be writing in advance. I've done that a handful of times, but only a handful. When I started blogging in 2007, Blogger didn't support "scheduling", so I wrote and published and ... that's my habit. Plus, Tuesdays with Charlie wouldn't be "with Charlie" if I wrote them on Monday (or Sunday?).
Because today had this
and then this (shortly after which if I was really a dedicated blogger I'd have been writing this post?)
but the nap was short-lived. and we had more of that "shared nap" that I posted about last week....and then Charlie & I went to the church for our monthly Prayer Shawl Ministry meeting, I dropped him back at Katie's and went to the visitation for a friend who died of cancer...just past her 60th birthday. The day got away from me - not only in time, but also emotions. All of which is just a long way of saying - it's nearly 8pm and I'm still on the first draft of today's post!
1. take a lot of photos. photos spark stories. and blogs are really just stories.
2. be ok with posting "just" a photo - without or with just a few words.
3. embrace the meme - Ten on Tuesday, Wordless or Words in the Wild or One Word or WIPs Wednesday, Thankful (especially appropriate in November) or Throwback Thursday, Eye Candy or Five Things or FO Friday.
4. make a plan. I think this is really about spreading out the stories. at the beginning of each week, I think about the stories I have (or hope to have) to tell and when they'll fit with the time I have to blog.( sometimes this works.)
5. steal from others imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. there are a lot of really fabulous bloggers out there. when they post about a topic that inspires you, post about it yourself. but be sure to credit the idea back to them.
6. share "older" stories.
7. and truly mundane ones. am I the only one who has a "blogger" voice in my head as I walk through the aisles at Costco and wonder...
8. share recipes.
9. and books. I love hearing about both. not only what you love but also (although maybe not in quite so much detail) what you didn't.
10. just do it. at the end of the day (or really the month), I'd like to look back and see a good story... with photos and words to remind me what we did ... what mattered and what maybe didn't ... but what it was like this November.
I can't wait to see what ideas y'all have to share!
and if you're not already playing along with Carole and her Ten on Tuesday fun, you should be! click here to join!