1. How much this little guy wants to do - and can do - on his own. A few months back, I had to hold his hand(s) up the stairs on this slide and then hold one hand on the way down. Not now. Once it's his turn to go, he can climb up, get his feet forward and slide down all by himself.
3. The photobooth. Obviously.
4. and how great it is to be photographed with sunglasses... because it's always our eyes that spoil a photo. and with sunglasses...well, you can't see them!
5. so...this one is only making me smile now. four hours after the mess has been picked up (but also three and a half hours since we sat in the chair and read three stories and worked through a set of flashcards to avoid cleaning up "Charlie's mess" :-)
6. These roses are my new favorite shade of pink-orange. I'm not sure you can see the true color on the screen, but trust me, it's lovely. I took the photo when Holly and I were out for our evening walk, wanting to capture the color...but what I found when I opened the photo on a bigger screen was a complex mix of light and dark, age and bloom...
7. Later still... I finished the second sleeve and wove in all the ends (nap time also makes me smile)...and now this is soaking.
I also thought about listing how happy I was to hear about a few of the Supreme Court's last rulings. Honestly, even hearing they'd made a few rulings was a happy surprise, but hearing that they went my way was even better.
I hope your week is off to a happy start...and you're finding something to make you smile - especially something surprising!