Monday, November 7, 2016

FO Monday | Sigla.

Cheers to a new week - and an easy blog post thanks to Katie...and a quick photoshoot of Sigla yesterday afternoon!

I think she was surprised when I showed up wearing the sweater "wow, you haven't knit something that wintry in a while"* ... I was glad it was cool enough to wear it!

This was my first Lopapeysa design and I can't wait to try another one. I love the top down round yoke construction

and the easy colorwork. Probably the biggest change I made to the pattern was to knit the colorwork in a single contrast color (Mary Jane suggests three contrast colors). I documented all my pattern mods on Ravelry and you can  see them here.
I owe a huge thank you to AsKatKnits for introducing me to the pattern, suggesting a better neckline, and generally being a big cheering section - I'm not a slow knitter...but I don't know that I've ever knit a sweater for myself in less than two weeks!  I also love the way she styled her sweater with the white blouse - I definitely think that's how I'm going to (mostly) wear mine, too. I wore it with a black crew neck t-shirt for these photos and it was fine...but I think the blouse is better! (and maybe a little less scratchy :-)

*a quick review of my Ravelry projects showed I did finish a wintry cardigan in March, but before that...it was Truss, last November. Credit to Katie because she never photographed Paloma...but she did take the photos of Truss!

13 comments:

  1. Wow! It's still way too warm up here for a wool sweater! ;-) It looks great, Mary. I really like the single-color contrast. (I can't really wear the Lopi . . . it is just too itchy for me -- no matter what I put under it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Just lovely! And it looks great on you. In my next life, maybe I'll knit one too. Wear it in great health.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic! I have enough Lopi to knit another Stopover but maybe I will knit a Sigla instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a lovely, warm sweater! I am also wondering how you wore it on a 70 degree day (maybe Google weather is wrong?) without a collared shirt to protect your neck against itchiness, but maybe those are the sacrifices you made for fashion. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous! And your hair looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Mary! I LOVE IT!! It looks fantastic! I am pondering knitting another one! I know! I am thinking that a color might be nice - and a reverse of Juliann's - orange with dark flags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks wonderfully cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! LOVE it. I've sort of decided to delay starting mine...boo-hoo...but I'm not really good at having multiple projects on the go and I have some Christmas knitting I want to do. I think I may wait to start mine when I start to hibernate a little later on...we'll see...best laid plans and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love the gray with the black accent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful Mary!! I love the single contrast color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful, Mary! So many color possibilities - though I do love your choice to use a single contrast color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sweater looks fabulous on you, especially with pearls. I like your change to one contrast color, too. I'm a little envious you have cool enough weather to wear wool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute and perfect timing with the weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!