Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Watercolor Wednesday | A Poem.

Monday morning at the lake
Much of what I've been reading lately (including posts from several of you!) has talked slowing down, taking time to savor wonder of this season. This poem, while not specific to December at all, captures beautifully this idea and my favorite time of day. I hope you enjoy it.

The Rebirth of the World

A great blue heron
flies across the red
face of the rising sun,
its crook-necked, lanky
body unmistakable.

Nature has a way of
welcoming each new
day with singular grace;
no two mornings are the same. And I am not
a mere spectator here --

I am moved and changed,
struck dumb by loveliness,
so infused with awe and
wonder at the generosity
of mockingbirds and doves,
pine trees and high cirrus

clouds catching the first
rays of sun that I struggle
to find words. In the end
I give up and sit in silence,
cloaked in the glow of
morning, and the rebirth
        of the world.

~ Danna Faulds (from One Soul: More Poems from the Heart of Yoga)

10 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I try to remember to look up when I am out for my run, it is too easy to rush along without seeing the gifts of each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely! Thank you for sharing! And, I agree with Juliann - it is so easy to be blind to the simple beauty around us. Peace Knitting has focused my attention to the simple and it is a welcome guest for this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful poem and really captures the feel of early morning. I love that watercolor, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those lines and that watercolor is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love this post...and am intrigued by the wreath on the bench: who put/s it there? Perfect!

    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have quoted poems before from her book. I truly need to find a copy. Thank you, for another beautiful missive on nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that poem speaks to me for sure - beautiful. Love the wreath too. Now I have to search for that book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sitting in silence-something I think we could all benefit from!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful thank-you. And beautiful watercolor too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!