...cue the mariachis and start juicing those limes! In honor of Cinco de Mayo, Carole's asked us to list our ten favorite Mexican foods. I've been to Mexico a few times and I know my "Mexican" favorites are really more "American"... but for today, that's what I'm celebrating - olé!
1. margaritas - not frozen, no salt and a little bit of extra citrus (Katie mixed up this batch and it was ... perfect!)
2. guacamole - avocados, garlic, lime juice, jalapeno and tomato. best accompanied by
3. cucumber and carrots (and jicama but I usually don't have that sitting in my vegetable drawer); and
4. chips. thin and still warm from the deep fryer is best...but I'll settle ;-)
if I make it past the drinks course (I've definitely made a few meals off those four things), then I'd want tacos:
5. grilled fish with accompanying 6. just-made corn tortillas, 7. mango salsa and 8. cabbage slaw
and if I were still hungry...
9. a dark chocolate, and
10. a dark coffee.
I can only hope this little guy inherits my taste for spicy and fun food - for sure it's in his genes!
Click here to join the Ten on Tuesday fun.