Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekending.

...it got off to a great start when I arrived home Friday afternoon to see this note.

The quiche was delicious and we opened a nice Petite Syrah. No movie, but a little bit of golf instead (I never complain about golf because it makes it easy for me to knit!)

Saturday morning Holly and I took a long walk; I'm struck right now by how good it smells...

 

The mailman delivered this delightful package - thank you, Bonny! I've never knit with Shalimar Breathless...can't wait to try it (in a few months...when it's time again to knit for cooler weather.)

 

Marc went to bed early (golf can really tire a guy out!) and I stayed up with Holly, knitting and listening to Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors (which I finished Sunday morning - 4 stars).

 

Sunday was Mother's Day and the first one since I've been a mom that I didn't celebrate with either daughter...instead, I shared it with my mom (her first Mother's Day since 1979 that she got to celebrate with all three of her children!)

I did get cards, notes, texted photos, two phone calls...and my favorite bacon, tomato and avocado sandwiches for dinner.

 

Hope y'all enjoyed a weekend full of good things, too ... and belated Happy Mother's Day wishes to all the moms.

 

9 comments:

  1. I love that this year Mother's Day and the big 50 can be celebrated ON the day with the parents. Makes it more special. I enjoyed having at least Andrew with me for a Mexican dinner at one of our favorite places. These are the moments to cherish-right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm awarding Marc quite a few "good husband points" for his thoughtfulness in action. Your honeysuckle and lilacs look beautiful and I'm sure they smell even more lovely. Hooray for sharing Mother's Day with your mother; what a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to spend Mother's Day with your mom and siblings. The dinner Marc made sounds just heavenly and it's so very thoughtful. I enjoyed seeing Holly in your photos today and lilacs! Ours are long gone.The world smells so good in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely treat from Marc!

    I use Shalimar Breathless quite often and really like it a lot!

    Oh those sandwiches - yummmmmmoooooo!

    I watched the golf match - if it was the one with Sergio etc. Glad the guy who won - won!


    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mary that sandwich looks so delicious! A belated Happy Mother's Day to you too! I'm planning on making my Ravello in Breathless...it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful weekend! (And that sandwich!!! YUM!!!) Belated Happy Mother's Day to you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that your husband cooked a quiche!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you spent Mothers Day with your mom and siblings!! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!