And now today's topic. Apparently we've never done a Ten on Tuesday about desserts, and Carole's suggested that for this week's list (although after her weekend adventure, I think I'd have been more likely to suggest cocktails :-) I did a quick look through the mere-et-filles archives and turned up my first four favorites:
1. browned butter tart at Bistro VG (or from the restaurant's bakery, Theo's Brother).
2. cheesecake, especially cranberry or pumpkin for the holidays (always homemade!).
3. a cheese plate.
4. sorbet and fresh berries.
I was surprised I didn't find these next five (other longtime favorites):
5. "good chocolate" (imagine Ina Garten saying that and imagine it's about a 1-1/2" square of really dark chocolate with a touch of sea salt)...that goes perfectly with
6. another glass of "good red wine".
7. homemade pound cake.
8. plain shortbread (store-bought is ok!) with a glass of dessert wine.
9. homemade ice cream. special favorites are peach or strawberry in the summertime and rum raisin in the winter.
but this last one is a relative newcomer. I guess I've never had an opportunity to share it!
10. a bit of sugar from this sweet one.
|riding the caboose and ♥ little boy eyelashes!|