Monday, August 13, 2007

ending and beginning.

...with Sara's help (coloring is contagious!) I got the beach album photos and art done yesterday. Added the journaling this morning and it's done:



Then picked up the last 17 photos from the summer blowout and got them into the album - this is probably the most caught up with photos I've ever been!

...and thanks to Katie I have great patterned paper on the covers:

Katie left at 7 am - little katie-car was packed, but she managed on her own (I think she was ready to do it by herself and I only cried a little bit). She was all the way moved in before 9 am.

So instead of lugging boxes and bags on move-in day, I got to finish the albums, get my scrap area cleaned up and organized, pull together a donation for North Fulton Charities (one of the great organizations the Hewitt Foundation supports) and get inspired for two new scrapbook layouts. Note to self - I feel much more creative in an organized space!

Then I picked up Sara and we visited Only Ewe for yarn - I'd promised her a pair of socks when she finished her summer reading, but she was more inspired about the hats - fine by me - I can knock out a hat in an evening!

of course the one she wants (cross-top with one big stripe) takes three balls of yarn - get ready, girls, with the yardage on these balls, I'm thinking I've got five hats - we'll see how many different ways we can combine dark brown, blue and cream :-)

and best of all, I'm ready to get back to work tomorrow - today was perfect for getting my head around the end of summer and the beginning of another year.

1 comment:

  1. Love the yarn color combination-I agree and organized space inspires creativeity. Steve installed 6 flourescent lights (shop type lights) in my "craft area", I'm hoping to dive in during the week, and part of the weekend, and get the rest of my stuff together-first day of high school- pretty good-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!