Saturday, August 4, 2007

sb kickoff.

...the summer blowout is officially underway! Sara and I experimented a lot with sandwiches this past spring and created this healthier version of the Barefoot Contessa's tomato, mozzarella & pesto panini. Our version uses just a little bit of pesto spread on the top and bottom slices of bread, then sliced tomato and sliced fresh mozzarella with a few basil leaves. We put the sandwiches on non-stick foil (or parchment paper) in a 375 degree oven until the bread is toasted. Flip the sandwiches and toast again until done. About 15 minutes altogether. No butter or oil on the bread - that's why we call it healthier!

Then we had a scrabble rematch (Thursday night, I beat Sara 264 to 177 - she didn't stand a chance - I played "jaded" on my first turn for 44 points!) and just for fun figured out that "mere et filles" is worth 114 points:

Last night, she beat me fair and square - 231 to 158. At one point, I had 4 A's and 2 I's. We were playing in English, not Hawaiian, so I couldn't do much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback!