Tuesday, April 27, 2010

designer crush.

...one of the highlights for me at stitches was meeting mercedes tarosovich-clark, the designer of my recently knit retro redux shrug. I didn't even know she dyed yarn, too. well, she does and it is beautiful! we all picked up skeins of the merino/bamboo to knit her pave real shawl.

and this morning, I saw she has two designs in the upcoming IK.

the counterpane blouse, knit in the same louet euroflax I'm using for my linen shawlette (and that we just reordered for the shop!). I can't tell from the photos what the construction is like, but that back panel is simply stunning!
and the beach house pullover, which I'm (sadly) thinking is knit in pieces because it calls for straight needles. but it's knit in a worsted weight (translate=works up quickly) - out of a merino/alpaca blend that might be pretty similar to my favorite berroco ultra alpaca? and that might make it worth the trouble to seam.

1 comment:

  1. this is pretty awesome, she's definitely got talent. huxton handmade reviewed this issue, so i can't wait to check out the patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!