Saturday, January 15, 2011

a morning prayer.

sunrise over the st johns river...taken with my iphone hipstamatic app
a good friend loaned me the book talking to god by naomi levy. I read the introduction a few days ago and knew I was going to love it. last night I read the first chapter on daily prayer and this one, a morning prayer, struck a chord. I marked it to re-read first thing this morning. and now I think I'm going to make it a part of my early morning routine.
  There are so many things I take for granted. May I not ignore them today.
  Just for today, help me, God, to remember that my life is a gift, that my health is a blessing, that this new day is filled with awesome potential, that I have the capacity to bring something wholly new and unique and good into this world.
  Just for today, help me, God, to remember to be kind and patient to the people who love me, and to those who work with me too. Teach me to see all the beauty that I so often ignore, and to listen to the silent longing of my own soul.
  Just for today, help me, God, to remember You.
  Let this be a good day, God, full of joy and love. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful prayer. So often we forget to see what's in front of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is beautiful. I especially like the "listen to the silent longing of my own soul."

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing this incredible gift...both the book and the prayer. Adding to the daily routine also resonates with me.
    cheers~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!