Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10 things I love about a wedding.

maike wedding
from a wedding sara & I attended last fall
...ooohhhh I love weddings - thanks, carole!

1. sharing in the couple's love and commitment, especially when I know them personally (as opposed to knowing their parents :-)

2. the dress.

3. the flowers.

4. the food.

5. the cake.

6. toasts.

7. meeting their family and friends. watching everyone mingle and interact. and have fun.

8. shopping for a gift. I love how versatile bridal registries are these days. I try to pick something fun and long-lasting (an ice cream maker, bar-ware, serving pieces...not guest bathroom towels!)

9. dressing up (I do this so seldom now, it's fun)

10. looking back at the photographs and remembering what a fun time everyone had.

Go here if you would like to sign up for the Ten on Tuesday mailing list.

7 comments:

  1. Weddings are really special, aren't they? I love the flowers from the wedding you have pictured; looks just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent and what a pretty photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very funny that our #4's are the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with your comment about sharing in the couple's love and commitment - it is truly what makes the day great, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love #8. It is fun to shop for the gift. And why do they list sheets and towels at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you love #8 - I need to embrace that a little more in life instead of considering it a chore or just writing a check!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You captured the essence precisely.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!