Wednesday, November 23, 2011

wednesday lunch.

lunch at village tavern
me, my dad, my mom and karen
...part 2 of the thanksgiving lunch-along tradition. and the 4th (yes, I typed that right - fourth!) lunch I've shared with my parents over the past week. today's tradition started as wednesday golf followed by the family "everything but turkey" buffet at the club about 15 years ago. marc is the only one still playing golf and we no longer belong to that club...but I've held tight to the tradition of spending this day before thanksgiving with my parents.

we still finish up my holiday grocery shopping at harry's (now whole foods). and a few years ago we added a visit to barnes & noble so he could shop for a birthday book.

I don't remember when we started having lunch at the village tavern - must have been a few years ago, because katie remembers those lunches. "aw, you're going to have crab dip?" yes indeed. their maryland crab dip is a highlight. and last year they started half price wine by the glass. this is definitely a tradition we're keeping!

3 comments:

  1. A tradition I'd keep too! Enjoy every moment you have with your parents and sister; they are priceless.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So perfect! What a wonderful way to spend the week. (Tasty, too. . .)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome tradition to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!