Saturday, March 24, 2012

the 2012 2-day begins.

2012 2-day kickoff
...with an orientation at maggiano's in buckhead, followed by a three mile training walk. the fun started at 7:30 am; it was cloudy dark when I walked into maggiano's. but by 9 am, when we went back outside to start the training walk, it was blue sunshine.
2012 2-day kickoff

2012 2-day kickoff
I'm taking this as the best of good omens (a sunflare always makes me happy!) for this year's walk - my 6th and karen's 7th - and the 10th anniversary for the walk itself.

and while today's three miles was a piece of cake - and the crew did their always fabulous job cheering us on, I was glad I didn't have to repeat the course NINE more times to make the 30 miles we'll walk in october!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing this again this year...sure the 30 in Oct will be a cake walk.

    Count me in as a sponsor!

    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - can't believe October is already "close enough" - and can't believe this will be your sixth walk! Hope I'll be in Atlanta to cheer you on and celebrate afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that time of year again, i was thinking about pink fabric yesterday for a quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!