1. A warm sunshine-filled forecast for the weekend. Today it's supposed to get into the 70's.
2. Watching Jeopardy. My folks are huge fans of the show and I always enjoy catching up with it when I visit. This week there's a new big winner, Andrew Chu. I googled him yesterday and found this article about him live-tweeting the episodes. Kind of fun to follow along the drama!
3. Crossword puzzles. Another of my mom's favorite activities and a great way to pass hospital time. She regularly works the Wall Street Journal and New York Observer puzzles (on paper) and finished the ones she had last weekend. I figured there were probably lots of iPad apps and sure enough, we loaded the (free) New York Times app and have actually completed a few.
4. Waterloguing our morning walks. It's re-framed the walk for me, searching for the perfect view. I'm especially pleased with Thursday's (above) and Friday's (which the Waterlogue team favorited!)
5. Knitting. I'm making noticeable progress on multiple projects (despite the twinges in my shoulder). These two projects were barely started last weekend…and now they're more than half done!
|Mink Mitts (a birthday gift for a special friend)|
*my dad is still in the hospital and we have no idea when he'll be coming home or what the next steps will be. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and good wishes. They're helping more than you know!