Saturday, November 15, 2014

Daily Crazy.

...I know I was two days late coming to this daily posting party, but halfway in...I'm really having a great time with it. Recalls my early blogging days back in 2007 when I was a lot more likely to post on Saturdays and Sundays than Mondays or Tuesdays (or any other day of the week). One photo and/or one story is all it takes. (and whoa, photos are way better now!)

2007 was a banner creative year for me: I started my blog in February and that December, I participated in Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas and made my first daily December album. That album is still one of my favorites; not only for the wonderful stories I captured, but also the process...creating something every day (and really, it was just the words I created daily - the paper and cutting and pasting happened every day or two).

I made four more daily December albums and then in 2012 and 2013 wrapped that daily practice into Project Life. In 2012 I was good about capturing something each day and slipping it into one of the pockets. Last year, I didn't even manage that. The weeks are there, but the days...not so much.

And now, I guess I've come full circle. I want to take this daily energy full speed into December...and create another daily album. A real one. with paper and scissors and glue. and printed photos adhered to paper. along with a few other good bits and pieces that make up December. glitter and ribbons. (and yarn...definitely yarn. I think I want to knit a few Christmas gifts too...)

How do y'all document the season? is anyone else into this daily thing like I think I might be?

 

5 comments:

  1. One of the things I love about having a blog is that it really does document my life. I like the tangible parts of creating albums but I think I'll keep my documenting digital for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a grand reason for creating a December Daily album! Charlie's first Christmas will be one your whole family will want to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that I'm ready for daily documenting into December but I do like that this has made me think about the important (and unimportant!) parts of my life and preserved them in words and pictures. And like Margene said, you have a grand reason this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a photo a day, beyond that not sure yet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!