Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Ten on Tuesday | The Bright Spots.

...this week, Carole's asked us to share things we do to make winter less bleak. It doesn't get nearly as cold here as it does in other places; snow and ice make rare appearances. But January here is often dark and chilly wet. I snapped the photo above yesterday afternoon (stopped at a red light :-) on my way to class. Black and white straight out of the camera - in the middle of the afternoon! - is pretty bleak. So for me, this list is all about the bright spots - finding or making them!

  1. Candlelight, especially when it's Thymes Frasier Fir.
  2. A fresh pedicure (hopefully Thursday).
  3. Red lipstick.
  4. A smile.
  5. January birthday celebrations (I'm fortunate to share in two - one for Katie and one for my sister - just three days apart at the end of this month.)
  6. Fresh flowers on the kitchen counter.
  7. Beach trip plans (sadly this isn't in the cards for this year...maybe next?)
  8. Fresh oranges with greek yogurt and almonds for breakfast.
  9. A cozy fire (with knitting and a glass of red wine).
  10. Storytime with my favorite little boy (who is four months old today!)

What brings a smile to your face on a bleak winter day? Click here to join the Ten on Tuesday fun!

9 comments:

  1. I think fresh flowers are my favorite thing of all - and candles, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--four months old already!

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list is certainly about making and finding all the bright spots you can, and your favorite little boy is a shining bright spot! Happy Four Months, Charlie!

    Hey, I recognize that book! I can't remember if I also recommended The Big Bad Pig and the Three Little Wolves by Eugene Trivizas, but it's another great one similar to Farmer Duck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a lot of bright spots in common. But, you have the best of all with story time for Charlie! He's so cute and growing so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at that sweet boy! I desperately need a pedi. And a beach! Great list Mary. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can tell you that your final photo brought a smile to my face :). Beautiful, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thymes Frasier Fir is my favorite candle too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, all these are good. Fresh flowers and oranges in yogurt-sorta screams sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!