Monday, July 6, 2015

Weekending, Madison Style.

...what a delight! The weather was marvelous. I explored the neighborhood on morning runs (weekend Sara is not a morning person, so I had a few hours to myself to begin each day...just the way I like it!), read (I finished two books), knitted (not much still...that progress photo is from yesterday afternoon; I'm still on the first ball of yarn), saw Inside Out (which we both loved - highly recommend!), enjoyed a belated Mother's Day night out (complete with cocktails and Uber), watched tennis and soccer, cooked, taught Sara how to make margaritas, and saw fireworks (from her balcony...perfect view!)

As is our tradition, we went to Sardine for brunch yesterday and thankfully I now have one photo of the two of us to share. Thank you, Sara, for a truly lovely weekend! xo.

 

7 comments:

  1. Perfect! Glad you had such a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun, are those cherries?! Nothing like fireworks from the convenience of your balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It reads that you had a grand time ..lots of R & and super time with Sara. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. Is that little curl right into the middle of your forehead

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you and Sara got this time together - sounds like you made the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun weekend for you alone and with your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo Hoo! Glad you had a great time and welcome home! Sara looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!