|Lululemon window. see #4.|
But Katie (wisely, I know) found other plans for Charlie today. So I now I've missed Tuesday with Charlie...and still...no voice. Fortunately Holly hasn't minded the silence too much! Here are ten things I've been doing today to keep myself
1. Make lists. even better when I can actually check off many of the things as "done".
2. Investigate airport parking. this is Spring Break week in Atlanta and I'm really glad I had time to do this. turns out my favorite park and ride spot is full. as is my fallback lot at the airport. I found a "park and ride reserve lot" at the airport where I could prepay and make a reservation. whew!
3. Investigate transportation in New York. Sara and I are old hands with the Metro, but now there's Uber and we weren't sure if an unlimited Metro Card was still the way to go. Turns out the break even point is just 13 rides. Given the weather forecast, I think it will be nice to hop on and off without worrying about it...so yeah, an unlimited card makes sense.
4. Run a few errands (groceries for Marc and travel bottles of hair stuff for me). I had planned to do these with Charlie ... and it was certainly faster on my own. I snagged the photo above while I was at Avalon getting the hair stuff. Side Note - Lululemon marketing ROCKS! Side Side Note - great sale at Lou & Grey and I have a fun new outfit - black leggings and a gray turtleneck dress - that will work great with my boots (and my coat, and a scarf, ...)
5. Take a nap.
8. Surf Ravelry for inspiration about what to knit with the Linen Quill yarn I plan to buy at Purl Soho. (I made a bundle. would welcome your input!)
9. Clean up around the house - the dishes are done, the laundry hamper is empty, the bills are paid. (hopefully it will be just like this when I come home Saturday night!)
...and now that I've written all this, I guess it's finally time to
I did call my doctor this morning but she had no openings to see me and the receptionist wouldn't even let me talk to a nurse. aarrgghh. "They won't diagnose you over the phone," she said. Well of course not, but still...
Thank you to Carole for another great week - and so many shared suggestions for finding calm. Click here to join the Ten on Tuesday fun!