Thursday, June 30, 2016

En Route.

I don't know how people who don't knit can stand to travel. This is the text exchange I had with Marc (at 1:35 ET) contemplating an almost two hour wait for my 3:20 flight.

Yep, two new projects! I started another summer cardigan while I waited. 267 stitches on size 1 needles is the kind of slow going just made for waiting in airports. Here's my progress by the time we took off. The guy next to me asked what I was making. A sweater, I replied, I have a ways to go. He smiled and said something about it being warm now so no rush. I didn't bother to tell him it's a summer sweater...short sleeves and cotton (and a very fine gauge).

for my inflight entertainment, I started a pair of Little Squirrel socks.

Happy to report my progress on size 4 needles with just 44 stitches is much faster and the cuff is now about two inches. my progress with Drums of Autumn is simply slow and steady...5-1/2 hours to go!

We landed just a few minutes late, I claimed my bag and took advantage of the empty bathroom (man, you gotta love the Madison airport - I've never been in an empty airport bathroom except for here) to snag a photo of my outfit.

Totally loving my new linen cardigan :-)

8 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed that I don't see people knitting when I'm waiting in airports. Once I was winding yarn by hand in the Denver airport and this tall cowboy (hat, boots, big belt buckle) offered to hold my skein while I wound. I wish I had a picture!

    You are the epitome of the well-put-together traveler in your new linen cardigan. Have a great time with Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always used to knit when flying but these days it's reading only. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit! I can't remember the last time I traveled without knitting and/or a book. Happy travels to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!! Have a great time! The weather is FABULOUS for all sorts of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When in doubt--over pack; just make sure it isn't ALL in the checked baggage [or at the other end of the plane if you are doing a carry on!] :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I don't fly often, but if I did knitting sounds like a great way to pass the time. And you look so stylish in your new cardigan! Hope you have a wonderful time with Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun trip...thx for "taking" us along and I am so-o-o glad *we* didn't have to wait in line forever! The sweater is grand and looks lovely on you. Do enjoy and I'm impressed that you blogged on the way there!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely sweater and great flying companions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!