There's a new section on the sidebar to the right for this year's Summer Book Bingo. The cards are ready - it's time to start planning!
And since it's Thursday, here are three things you need to know about this year's Summer Book Bingo:
1. Books you finish between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend count. This year that means books you finish May 26 - September 3. This might be a great opportunity to finish books you started a while back ... or you could simply get a headstart by starting now and "finishing" Memorial Day Weekend.
2. You get to interpret the relevance of the square to the book. You won't need to defend your book choice ... but I'm hoping that's because you won't need to. That said, I'm expecting that you'll read a book that matches the square. One of the reasons I host this challenge is to post a list of categories that inspire our reading. Summer reading should not be a slog! To that end, I deleted "A Collection of Short Stories" (as promised). And thanks to a suggestion from Juliann, I added "With a cover that matches a current WIP" (fun!).
This year, we have 98 categories. Some of my lifetime favorite books have been books I read - initially with a little hesitation - as part of this challenge in previous years. I wish the same discovery and satisfaction for you.
3. Each book you read counts for one square, so a "full" bingo card means you read a book for all 25 squares on your card. Yep, even the free space in the middle - but you can read any book you want for that square.
...and two more:
1. I checked Instagram this morning and the tag #2018SummerBookBingo is available.
2. All of these things are documented in the rules, linked in the sidebar.
Here's to another great summer of books and reading - and sharing about our plans, progress and accomplishments!
Head on over to Carole's for more Three on Thursday posts.