Tuesday, December 13, 2011

tuesday unwrapped.

...as much as I love letting these tuesday posts be completely spontaneous, I was a bit worried driving home from work at 5:30 that I had nothing in mind. the only photos I'd taken today were of a new trunk show at the shop (a blog post there coming tomorrow). I was thinking something along the lines of welcome home - I turned on the porch light and the tree lights (and turned up the heat :-) - and took holly out for a walk.

and then the moment hit me. that walk. the simply company of my best four-legged friend. the routine. the 30 minutes to unwind* (even better when it's not cold outside). love love need this time.
27:365 evening walk.

especially this time of year when it's accompanied by snowmen aglow.
snowmen aglow

*if you're familiar with myers-briggs, I am a committed "I" type (INTJ to be exact). working in a yarn shop for six straight hours every tuesday drains nearly every bit of energy I have. this walk with holly recharges me.

7 comments:

  1. I wish I could get in that mindset. I come home and start dinner and that's about all I can manage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand. (INFJ, here.) For me, it's spinning class . . . every Tuesday and Thursday. 5:30. Totally renews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an ISFJ? I'm an INTJ.

    I always need time to unwind after long days, especially when exams are involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an ENFP but barely into the E. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm enjoying the after dinner walks right now too-when it's freezing, windy and rain, i might feel different-sophie's still taking in her surroundings and sure likes to run with her ears flopping

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unwind is always a good thing, especially accompanied by fresh air on a seasonal Dec. evening.
    Once upon a time I was an INTJ...thinking that as I've matured - ahem - I've mellowed and am now more of an ENTJ...thinkin'...
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!