Saturday, May 19, 2007

it's good to be home.

yes, very good. I've completely enjoyed getting back into my groove - just a bit - today. Starting with my own bed last night (and before, catching up just a bit on my "daily reads" blog favorites). This morning, started with warm milk in my coffee - I'm not too keen on "carribean dairy" (I think it comes from a can - ugh...), catching up quickly with Katie before she left for class, then a run in the park - oh boy - it feels great here - 70 degrees (running outside was cooler than the air conditioned gym from earlier this week!), car wash, dry cleaners, a little groceries and a little bit of digging through the piles of stuff that accumulated while we were gone. How does that happen? little paper pixies who wreak havoc when there's no one around?


I alluded to "camera issues" - I had charged my camera battery on Sunday, but Tuesday morning I got a low battery charge warning. It seemed intermittent, and I can't imagine the battery was really not charged, but I only took about 50 pictures. And posted about 30 at ritzpix. Bummer, because I was looking forward to really capturing the mood with pictures since I took zero last year. One of the guys there with Aarons is the designated photographer and I made sure he took a few of us. And he's usually good about sending e-copies, so I'm hopeful there will be a few (one?!) good shots.

Here are a few of my favorites:

the only long-armed M&M shot

view from the Rogovin beach cabana - Tuesday - had a pool cabana the other days

view from the Rogovin beach cabana on Friday (Wednesday and Thursday's cabana was the one across the pool behind the chair)

shell chandelier - up close view - inside the Rogovin pool cabana - unfortunately, we weren't ever there at night to see it lit!

lunch for one at Gabi Beach - a yummy shrimp cocktail, a glass of sauvignon blanc and the May "love" issue of O magazine

Gabi Beach (had this lovely view at my lunches for one)

local flowers - bloomed in bunches - in this beautiful red/orange, and also yellow

live flamingos - love the reflection, too.

hotel vibe - very modern - this tableau was in the lower lobby by the restrooms (no kidding!)

2 comments:

  1. Cool pix, the beach looks great, so clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say that was me in the previous comment, Lydia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!