Tuesday, August 21, 2007

scatter joy.


Katie truly inspires me. For my birthday two years ago, she gave me a "scatter joy" jar. A beautiful white teapot that she personalized and filled with paper hearts, all sizes and yummy red/pink colors, on which she'd written a few short words of inspiration. Every single one of them guaranteed to bring a smile to face. Some are outright funny, like this one.

Others are a bit more serious, like "I am thankful for everyone who loves me like crazy" (which I happened to draw the day of my car accident - hummm.... interesting timing, no?) For my birthday last year, she gave me my first journal. And I figured out along about January or so that the scatter joys made great journaling prompts. So I take a few, tuck them in the back pocket of my journal, and when I need a spark of inspiration for journaling, I pick one. Today, I picked this one:

...and a few of the "hearts" from my own favorite indulgences:
(can anyone tell me how to make hearts on a blog posting? eta "yes", sara can - it's & + hearts + ;, like this ♥)
*spa sydell and jo - for a wax every 3 weeks and a facial every 6
*starbucks, and my starbucks card on auto-reload
*nice wine...during the week
*a week at the beach every summer with the girls
*taking 30 minutes every morning to read my favorite blogs - gets my day off to a happy and "inspired" start
*time with my blog and my journal (both provide so much enjoyment, but just in different ways)
*the food network, especially ina and giada
*stamp club
*picking up dinner at Harry's so I don't have to cook (and having married a guy who cooks better than I do, likes to do it AND does!)
*unlimited text messaging for our family's cell phones (actually turns out this is also a smart economic move - this plan costs less than the separate ones we had, but the indulgence part is truly not having to worry about the volume)
*sending my khaki capris to the cleaners just so I don't have to iron them
*my yarn "stash"

...you get the gist - what are your indulgences?

4 comments:

  1. as far as i know, a heart shape in html is ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is & + hearts + ;
    all combined

    ReplyDelete
  3. Besides the hobbies I love-
    knitting, reading, planting flowers, cooking, stamping, and now blogging-
    other indulgences
    eating out on my own and having a glass of wine-bubble baths, and having a glass of wine-a great book, and having a glass of wine-is there a pattern here? those are just a few, I'd have to say "ditto" to most of Mary's-Love knowing how to do the hearts- go Sara. The PB catalog is in my stack of magazines to cull through-love the photo-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!