Monday, September 3, 2007

layouts!

...finally - I was beginning to think that creative energy to make another scrapbook page had deserted me. I made one layout in June and this one in August.
journaling reads "a favorite photo - May 22, 2007 - debut of the O.C. Season 4 on dvd - and when I saw this quote on a magnet at Harry's, the layout just clicked!"

So for the past 3-4 weeks, I've had a block about this next one. I had the 5x7 two-of-us photo from Sara's first night back after camp. Lots of stars in the background. I found a great star/smile/love quote. And then this patterned "starburst" paper when we visited Mt Dora back in July. And I matched up yellows and purples from my cardstock and punched stars. But I couldn't ever get it much past that.

So this afternoon I sat down with some of the new papers and ribbons from Friday's trip to Bonnie's, and it came together. I even punched holes in my photo to get the ribbon detail (I think that's the first time I've ever "altered" a real photo!). And used my new sharpie gold pen - love how it shows up on the dark paper. And chipboard stars with gold PearlEx powder, then Crystal Effects.
"If I had a star for every time you made me smile, I would be holding the night sky in my hand."

1 comment:

  1. Love the layout- the workshop is a bit out of my price range, but sounds like tons of fun- 'm sure there will be tons of creative energy! Go Jackets- didn't watch the game, but was glad the season started off right- now if only UGA will lose their first game!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!