162/365 - can you fix this?
Originally uploaded by mere2007
...that was all that was running through my head as I (clumsily) mended katie's top tonight. because of course I know how to do that (clumsily, but it would've been way easier and neater if I'd had a sewing maching instead)...but I realized there are so many things on that list. and honestly, I'm glad I know almost all of them (and hoping I can be sure katie does too...before july!)
Curious about thoughts from others - but here is my quick attempt at a top 10 list in no particular order:
1. sew on a button, mend an underarm seam or a hem.
2. clean the kitchen and the bathroom. (yes - I'm into cleanliness and I really believe that a clean kitchen and a clean bathroom is really all you need, but I suspect my mom would add "dusting" to this list and I am, or at least used to be, a pro at that!)
3. do laundry without ruining anything (meaning no running colors, no shrinking)
4. unplug a toilet (I'm really only so-so good at this - but it's a much needed skill in a house of mostly girls)
5. open a bottle of wine that has a cork.
6. balance a checkbook (bouncing a check is just not cool)
7. hang a picture. straight.
8. make coffee.
9. make dinner (doesn't matter what it is, everyone needs to have one meal they can pull off on their own)
10. write a thank you note.
of course all of this is really secondary to the important stuff, like being a good person, loving others and being loved...but you get the gist...