Tuesday, March 8, 2011

10 of my favorite smells.



1. a freshly brewed cup of coffee. of course this list starts with my favorite drink. (one I wouldn't want to live without!)

2. the holidays. especially thanksgiving cooking and the christmas tree.

3. mrs. meyer's clean day dish soap. lavender scent. I love washing dishes when I use this soap.

4. clean laundry, just out of the dryer.

5. freshly ironed pillowcases.

6. balenciaga.

7. fresh flowers, especially roses and lilacs.

8. just-mowed grass.

9. the ocean.

10. rain hitting hot pavement. but not in a busy city. this smell is only good if there aren't many cars around.

Go here if you would like to sign up for the Ten on Tuesday mailing list.

10 comments:

  1. I use that same dish soap. I do not love doing dishes, though! I should have put sheets hung out on the line on my list, you made me think of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great list! #10 made me laugh! so true. i can't believe i forgot coffee. i obviously compiled my list last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost put the rain on pavement thing. I do like it but Emma hates that smell. Weird, huh? I totally forgot about the fresh cut lawn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ocean! I thought of that and didn't write it down. We used to live on the Isle of Palms in SC and that is such a wonderful smell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered #3, and I love the basil scent. Can't wait to put it in my soap dispenser at the kitchen sink! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i stole a few of yours, i'm fairly sensitive to smells, so the bad ones sometimes stick out as much as the good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe that I forgot two of mine! Lemon (which isn't on your list) and fresh mowed grass! They are the smells of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list... how could I leave out Thanksgiving dinner? Happy TOT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good list - I'd add the smell of the fusion of hot butter, sugar, and flour, though. Nothing better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coffee is my #1, too. And I'll have to try that dish soap. Holidays...of course, why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!