1. The weather seems to be thinking about fall. It was almost chilly this morning and the humidity is noticeably lower. The sun, however, isn't quite yet on board. It was 88 degrees this afternoon.
2. Nonetheless, I am planning my fall/winter knitting queue...and starting to think about holiday knitting.
3. I am not thinking about holiday menus.
4. Sara is going to be here for both Thanksgiving and Christmas - a total of three days of vacation and 10 days here. (yeah, I'm kind of kidding about #3).
5. When did the Emmy's start being on a Monday?! (and why didn't Sara alert me to at least DVR the red carpet?)
6. I finished my Bingo card reading (you have until bedtime on Monday, September 1 to finish yours) and I find myself missing it. Hoping I can keep up the reading pace, or at least the variety.
7. Slowly coming to grips with the reality that all those knitting WIPs are not going to get finished this week.
8. Enjoyed a long lunch with the woman who's agreed to co-lead my women's circle at church this year. She kept saying how what she'd agreed to do didn't seem like much...and yet it's going to make my job so much easier.
9. And then I had a delightful gathering with our Prayer Shawl Ministry. We had a new member today - she's been visiting the church with her husband this summer - and she said the meeting was "just what I hoped it would be". It pretty much made my day...
10. I'm caught up on all my podcasts (including one that was just released today!) and I'd love to have a few new recommendations. My current subscriptions are all knitting and reading related. I could expand my horizons!
So - we all have plenty of random thoughts circling around in our all-too-busy brains. Would love to have you share one of yours!
*Carole is enjoying time away from the internet; stay tuned for a "real" topic next week!