Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Watercolor Wednesday | Early Morning Time.

...today's photo prompt is "key" and my first response was seeing the sunrise. I think rising before the sun is the key to every good day. But today's sunrise just ... wasn't that great. It's ok. Because the real key for me is simply being up "dark early". I am a morning person and have been for years. Getting up in daylight is just weird. I remember a morning in New York when I was helping Katie move for her first post-college job - we'd been up til after 2am (but we'd slept on a made bed); I woke up to the sun streaming in and couldn't believe it was so late...of course it wasn't. Dawn comes well before 6 am in Manhattan in June.

These past few days have been so different - and not only sleep-wise! it's really hard to be up in the dark when you go to bed just a few hours before. (or not at all - new parents are a miracle along with their new babies) In any event, I was happy this morning to be back with my journal and my coffee before the light came.

 

7 comments:

  1. i've woken up before the sun rises every day this week and don't feel any different. hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Routines are great -- whether early morning or late night. They just feel "right."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an early morning person, too. If I sleep past 6 or 6:30 I feel like I have wasted the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Love your Waterlogue selfie and a glimpse of your MSQT! Indeed, this time of day is key for me, too! And I especially appreciate it, as you've so eloquently expressed, after a significant change to routine . Your change, of course is so wonderful !

    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mornings are filled with soft sounds surrounded by dark, and it feels like it is mine alone. Your exercise of journaling first thing is a routine much like my checking in on the internet and visiting my friends to comment on their blogs. The exchange of words is a part of a every quiet morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dark early is my favorite time. We had not power this morning, and it was very weird seeing the sun after the house and street were in total darkness

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I got up in the dark in the summertime, I think I would probably only get a few hours sleep! But it is wonderful to be up early, before the world really stirs. Your watercolour is so restful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!