...Tuesday again. already?! This was my third Tuesday with Charlie and we're having a ball. Life is good and I am happy about so very many things. Carole's asked us to share "Ten Things You're Happy About Right Now"...and here are my 10 for today.
1. I got up with my 5:15 am alarm. This hasn't happened the last two Tuesdays. I teach until 8pm on Monday nights and by the time I get home, and eat dinner, and unwind...I'm up way too late and 5am is way too early. But last night I was in bed at 10:30 and the whole day got off to a better start.
2. All the laundry is done. the sheets are clean. the kitchen sparkles. (this makes me happier when it's done than when I'm doing it, but it still counts).
3. A glorious sunrise.
4. Charlie came over. (his mama dropped him off at about 7:45) We played. He napped. I knitted. He ate. (we did this three times).
5. Holly was very good. She's still figuring out what he's all about - and today he started to notice her. But there was no barking and no snapping (and only a very tiny bit of licking the quilt where Charlie plays.)
6. We used the self-timer on my phone and took photos. This one is my favorite (and my new wallpaper - 4 months!) That certainly makes me happy, but so does the self-timer feature that takes a burst of photos and allows me to choose my favorites (or just dump them all if I forget to turn the camera around and I take 11 photos of the ceiling).
7. Charlie went home in the same outfit he arrived in. (I didn't change clothes either). This is a first. Katie noticed (and I'm not sure if this is because she was pleased, or surprised, but I think it made her happy too!)
8. I wound the yarn to cast on the hat I hope to finish for my upcoming trip to Madison (eep! Madison! in February!!). I also hope to finish a few more warm things. more to come.
9. We had our first Deacon meeting of the new year. I wasn't looking forward to it - I thought I'd rather pour a glass of wine and settle in here a lot sooner. But it was great. The new class is excited about being there and I think my care team is going to have a good year. I also got to eat slow cooker barbeque.
10. My fitbit buzzed as I was getting into my car after the meeting. 11,000+ steps today. That always makes me happy!
I'm usually a glass half full kind of girl, but I can't say that finding 10 happy things in one day is typical even for me. This was a fun "challenge" ... and maybe one I should take on more often. It certainly puts the day into a different frame when you try to find all the good!