Tuesday, December 20, 2016

A Morning with Sam.

Charlie's dad is on vacation this week, so Charlie enjoyed a leisurely breakfast out with his parents. And I got to spend two whole hours alone with Sam. This is the first time Katie's left him when he's been awake; I was honored.

She asked for photos and of course I obliged. Look at that tongue.

and those blue eyes.

I finally got a little smile...which I thought might even turn into a laugh.

Sadly not.

...and a few minutes later playtime was over.

(knitting time!)

And one last chapter in the sample knitting saga. Early this morning I wove in all the ends and steam-blocked the seams. I tried it on and it fits beautifully (whew!) Then I shared a quick photo with the designer and here's what she wrote back.
I feel better about the whole experience already :-)

13 comments:

  1. What a nice morning. Sam looks a bit like his big brother there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam is adorable, awake or asleep! My nephew and his partner had Halo sleepsacks on their baby registry, and once I figured out what they were I had to subject them to my "back in the old days we had to swaddle our babies without new-fangled contraptions" speech. (They are a pretty cool invention!) I'm glad the sample fits you and the designer is so appreciative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam is just so cute. Lucky you to have a couple of hours with him. What a nice note from the designer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to have some time alone with little Sam! And cheers to knitting whatever you want now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Sam! (He does look like Charlie, doesn't he?) So glad you got to spend a morning with him -- AND . . . congratulations on your sample knitting success! Can't wait to see it. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love watching those little faces! Such joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam is a gorgeous tiny boy! Congratulations on your test-knit; love her designs. Merry Christmas to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sam is so adorable and you captured that with your great photos! Congratulations on your test-knit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No Tails FTW! Nice work. Sam is already capturing hearts. I have a feeling Charlie and Sam will make a dynamic duo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great to see little Sam up close...he and Charlie are for sure brothers...they look so much alike. Glad you got that special time and congrats on the "Sample" project!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a wonderful Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's precious, but then you already know that. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!