2. Fleece-lined slippers from Costco. In brown this year. (I think last year's pair was gray). Yep, I purchase a new pair every fall and I wear them out wearing them indoors. They're the only shoes I do wear indoors.
3. Uggs. I have one pair, the "short" style, in gray. I bought them in December 2009, before Sara and I visited Katie in New York just before Christmas and they still look great. Of course they don't see much snow here, but I'm taking them to Madison to next month. I also love wearing them to yoga. and to walk Holly when it's even remotely chilly. They're the outdoor version, I guess, of #2.
4. Running shoes. Currently a bright blue (with navy and hot green accents) pair of Asics Cumulus 16's. LOVE them. And now that I'm walking instead of running, I'll bet they last a full year!
5. Flip flops. I'm down to just one pair. Black Reefs. I bought them before Marc and I went to the Dominican Republic in 2013. They're worn now, but still good for the occasional pedicure.
6. Flowered pink rain boots from Target. I bought these in the spring of 2011...when I first had a little dog to walk in the rain. These get a lot of wear all year-round. The linings are shot but I'm going to try to pull out one more spring season.
7. Madewell boots. Flat-soled, nearly to my knee. Purchased on sale in January 2012.
8. J Crew booties. A little bit of heel and a color similar to the boots. I wear these and the boots about 90% of the time in the winter. This was my shoe splurge for this year.
9. Ballet flats. I own a few pairs. Surprisingly I've even been able to wear them (well, at least the navy pair) this month. We had a few mild days and it was nice to let my feet breathe!
10. Black booties. These are from Ann Taylor, a few years back. There are two sets of straps and gold buckles across the top. I loved them the season I bought them, and then fell out of love...and now back in. This year, I'm wearing them with black tights and a sweater dress and with jeans. Not all the time, but enough that I remember I have them...and wear them.
11. Black suede Mary Janes. I wore these on that Date Night for Marc's company party. Made me think I was a real Southerner because the night was COLD and I wanted tights and closed toes...but there were plenty of girls there in strappy sandals. Oh well.
Noticeably, what's missing from this list is clogs. I have a pair of black Dansko's that I've had for years and a pair of brown Naot's that I bought in 2007 when I had a bunch of foot/ankle problems. I can't remember the last time I wore either one and that tells me I shouldn't keep them, but...they're classics. And as sure as I donate them, I'll have to buy another pair!
Also, pumps (if I'd written this list when I still worked these would've featured...likely in place of the rain boots and the boots!). And if this were a summer list I'd have sandals - heels, wedges and flats - in place of the boots and the Uggs.
Carole's party is always a good one; click here to join the Ten on Tuesday fun!