Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WIPs, Wine and Catching up.

...Wednesday evenings with my sister.

Of course I can't photograph the catching up, but there was plenty. It's hard to believe we did the same thing just a week ago. And now we're only three weeks away from our trip to Madison. We're making plans...for cold snow, meeting a new-to-us cousin, cooking in ... and going out. (we even talked about looping Sara into these plans...next week!)

And amidst all that interesting conversation, I made real progress on my hat.

This is the first piece of a set I hope to take with me. The hat and the mittens will be green bordered with the purple. The cowl will be purple (I'm undecided about bordering it with green). Yes, I have a lot of knitting to do. (and no, Katie's sweater is still not finished).

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your color choices! How clever of you to plan a trip to cold Madison in February so you could knit this lovely set. Surely Katie's sweater can wait. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, border the cowl with green!! They're going to be a beautiful, warm duo for the cold of Madison. Katie's sweater will be finished when the time is right. Knit on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous green! It's so fun to plan a trip... I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect evening. While I did not get to do any knitting, I did enjoy fresh baked bread, stuffed shells and wine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful shade of green! Planning a trip is half the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Pretty color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore that shade of green! And I adore purple and green together - so go for it!! My sister came to visit me in September. We hadn't seen each other in 8 years. We had so much fun! It took me quite awhile to get used to her being gone again. Well, I'm still not used to it!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the green, Mary! But . . . up here . . . we mostly try to head SOUTH in February. (Just sayin.) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WiPs, Wine and Sister-time sounds like a great way to while-away a Wed evening. Color combo looks great for keeping you warm in a very chilly clime. Knit on!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  10. What Kym said! And those colors are great! So much fun that your sister is taking the trip with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!