Sunday, February 22, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
49/365 - february bookclub
Originally uploaded by mere2007
...feels like I need to start a flickr set for all my bookclub photos - love watching how the group is just a little different month by month. last night's meeting was fun (as it always is!) and the discussion about the reader even got a bit loud. generally, none of us felt even one drop of sympathy for hanna. and the boy moms, especially the boy teenager moms, definitely ewww! and it looks like we'll continue our WWII nazi theme. aileen selected skeletons at the feast (by the same chris bohjalian who wrote the double bind, that we read for january 2008) for our march meeting.
Monday, February 16, 2009
I played with my new toy! but having only one little die - there's not that much I can do except wait for my stampin up order!
sara's first creation in the new dutch oven was a huge success. now I want her to try this bread. yummy!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
45 - tournament win
Originally uploaded by mere2007
...feeling much better after a very late lunch out (shared fried calamari and caesar salad) and a lovely HOT shower. but so happy to report the first win for this year's varsity team! (l-r) sara, megan, alia, mackenzie, casey, devon, lauren, liz, holly and coach shack
Friday, February 13, 2009
and these gloves from her etsy site are exactly what I need for that hour and a half of housekeeping!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
1. sleeping - just 30 more minutes
2. walking - would love an hour every day
3. reading - an hour and a half. would like to catch up on the classics I missed with only three years of high school english and a college degree in applied mathematics + a few magazines so I can keep up with what's new
4. groceries & cooking - two hours. would love to prepare something fresh (and delicious!) for dinner every night. plus cookies and fresh bread. yummmmm.
5. knitting - another hour and a half. every day. I am definitely a process knitter, but I love the finished objects! and I love knitting for others and for me
6. friends & correspondence - two hours. keeping up and staying in touch. meeting for coffee (or wine) or a walk. talking.
7. crafting - just an hour each day. scrapbooking, stamping, learning more about the hybrid digital "stuff" I've started this past year
8. housekeeping - an hour and a half. I really enjoying taking the time to keep my home beautiful. spending time with the lovely things I've collected. making sure the kitchen sparkles. having clean (and ironed) clothes to wear
9. blogging - really, two hours a day. to take good pictures. develop good content. add links :-) (this includes an extra 30 minutes for me to keep up with the wonderful blogs I follow, plus finding a few new ones)
10. sewing/fabric - an hour and a half - what I want to learn next. quilting. crafting with fabric. and learning to sew for the grandchildren I hope to have someday.
11. hair + make-up - 30 minutes.
and people wonder what I'll do when I retire! wow, I don't spend 15 hours at work every day! ...and there's time with marc, and watching sara's tennis, and eating that I haven't even factored in!
then I spent 15 minutes this evening taking this photo - so wanted to grab onto the first bit of spring fever (despite my brown sweater) ... and maybe that goes to blog time, or to crafting time, but really, I probably should've added another hour at least...just to enjoy it all.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
and now happy to report progress on sara's february lady sweater (finally!) with any luck, she'll definitely be able to wear it while it's still chilly - even if the weather this weekend was deceptively spring like!
Saturday, February 7, 2009
the park is usually full of photo opportunities. and part of the fun of my walk is finding them. today was especially good because the fountain in the front pond isn't running, and the pond has become a perfect mirror - the photo above for sure and this one:
and then stamp club this afternoon. paula, sharon and karen were so lovely to pose with smiles!
bringing me to my choice for the day. the mess that is stamp club.