|thanksgiving dinner, 2011|
1. roasted vegetables. this is probably my family's favorite non-salad side dish. and it's one of sara's (many) specialties.
2. green beans with lemon vinaigrette. we've always loved green beans, but until two years ago, we simply served them steamed with toasted slivered almonds. that's still delicious, but now we have this version and the bright lemon, especially in the winter, really makes the dish.
3. barefoot contessa's caesar salad. love love love the roasted cherry tomatoes. we only include the prosciutto for company, and roasted mushrooms make a great addition.
4. mixed green salad with barefoot contessa's vinaigrette and whatever fruits are in season. we use peaches in the summer, apples, pomegranate seeds and oranges in the winter, berries in spring...you get the idea.
5. tomato mozzarella salad. especially in the summer when the tomatoes are at their best. I like to make a big plate with the tomatoes and cheese layered around the edge and mixed greens lightly dressed piled in the center. (and I was really surprised I couldn't find a photo of this on my flickr feed as often as I make it!)
6. barefoot contessa's roasted broccoli. almost never with the parmesan, with basil only in the summer, and always with the garlic and the lemon!
7. and roasted asparagus. try adding fresh raspberries to the hot spears when they're just out of the oven.
9. creamed spinach. this has always been one of my favorite sides, and I love that sara's figured out how to make it healthy (or healthier?)
10. applesauce. another one of sara's specialties. I don't have the patience for all that peeling!
|click here to join the ten on tuesday fun!|