No matter, the mornings are still cool enough to contemplate turning on the oven, so I'm all about this week's Ten on Tuesday and what I'm looking forward to eating - and drinking - now that fall is (almost) here.
1. oatmeal. I like mine with dried cranberries, walnuts and a little almond milk.
2. roasted pork tenderloin and hot mushroom salad (this is still a favorite meal for me and Marc), as is
3. mexican chicken soup.
4. garlic mashed potatoes.
5. roasted butternut squash.
6. roasted chicken.
8. steamed almond milk with a dash of sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
9. chai tea.
10. fall shipments from our wine clubs are due to arrive in a few weeks, which means ... red wine!
Can't wait to see your list(s) ... I'm ready for all the things warm and comforting!
and as I just typed that I realized it was a great segue to the Charlie photo I have to share from today.
This was taken just before 11:30 am. I managed to keep him awake through lunch, but not through all of his pre-nap story. Nothing says "warm comfort" quite like a snuggle with a blanket, a good book and a full tummy.