|checking out the toy box|
2. Next we head upstairs... I make the bed while he checks out the toy box. He only plays with these toys on Tuesdays and it's fun to see him unpack the layers...and find his (for now anyway) favorites. I'm happy to see that he still loves the sorting box and the stacking rings. and he claps when the pieces come together!
4. Dance. I'm not sure you can really call shaking your leg(s) and bobbing your head dancing, but it's moving to the music (we typically listen to the kids station on U-verse) and that's good enough for me!
6. Climb the stairs. This was another first time today thing. Because 17 steps with two landings is scary. I spotted him the whole time and he did great. He even wanted to do it again. (I'm not sure when we'll be ready for climbing down the stairs).
7. Walk. He likes to hold my hand (which is really just one finger in his whole little fist) ... or not. He's getting really steady on his feet and I think he likes my finger more for comfort than stability.
9. Share him with Holly. Honestly, this is a bit of a stretch right now because Holly doesn't like him nearly as much as I do! but she's learning. and so is he. and I really need these two to become friends, so we work on it every week. At this point, she's a lot more nervous around him than he is around her (until she barks, and he cries, and ...)
10. Share him with my friends. Today was the prayer shawl meeting and we had a full house. Most of the ladies hadn't seen Charlie in a few months. He didn't disappoint.
It's pretty special that I get to have this little guy all to myself (more or less) for one day each week. Looking back over this past (almost) nine months of Tuesdays with Charlie is another blessing...and a reminder that I need to keep writing and sharing the stories. Thank you to Carole and all you Ten on Tuesday folks for letting me "ish" a topic every now and then!